Delgar's Domain

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Okay, last week I tried to post twice, and twice blogger ate my fucking post. So this time I'm actually going to save it before posting it. Hey, they don't let you in graduate school if you're a complete moron. :)

Anyway, I'll sum up what I had to say in those two posts very quickly.

- Wife arrived on Sunday eventually. Her first flight was delayed, and then she missed her transfer. I ended up waiting at the airport for 3 hours, but she finally arrived. Of course one of her bags was lost, it was a big ordeal, we finally got it.
- She had a good time at her workshop, she learned a lot, more than just about the writing too. Writing is only part of the work involved in becoming an author, she learned a lot about how to market herself as well. Made lots of good contacts. Several of the authors actually told her point blank that she has the talent to succeed.
- One of the authors called her a wild talent. For most authors coming up with a plot is the hardest part of writing, apparently in the case of my wife it comes very easily, but the problem is she has TOO many ideas, and needs to learn to focus. Steven King would be considered a wild talent.
- The dog was excited to see her when she arrived and then spent the rest of the day snubbing her. He needed to make it known he was mad at her. He's no longer snubbing her.
- There was definitely a re-adjustment period that took place in the first week.
- She took a week off from writing, but is now back at it.
- She got an offer for an internship at a magazine in New York from the editor in residence.
- We went shoe shopping last week, my wife loves shoes, and I honestly don't understand it.
- We played squash on Friday and my wife hurt her toe.
- We gave her a pedicure on Saturday and painted her toenails and finger nails purple. She's very excited about that. Sometimes she is a girly girl.
- She is frustrated with our friends here on the east coast because sometimes they tend to be rude and ignorant and elitist. I think that they are just socially retarded; if that makes any sense.
- This weekend we went for a drive up into New York State, visited Bear Mountain, drove through Sleepy Hollow and drove through New York City (Bronx, Manhattan, part of Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island). Not a big fan of New York, its a dump. :)
- Got my mid year evaluation. Supervisors quote: "You're kicking ass." So, I'm doing okay. :)
- My wife who HATED San Diego, and was one of the reasons that we moved, is starting to miss San Diego. I guess you just never know what you have until it's gone. :) I personally love it here so far, I think she's just frustrated that the friends we have here are not good friends.

Okay, so that's pretty much an update of everything. Ask anything and I'll answer.

But here is a question:

We have these friends and for the most part they are nice and friendly but at times can say some ignorant things and come off with an air of arrogance. So what do you do? Do you ditch the friends? Do you try to resolve the issue? I personally think that they are generally nice people, but are just socially inept. It truly doesn't bother me really, but I tend to be able to get along well with most people. But it really bugs my wife. I'm honestly not sure how to handle the situation, any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home