Delgar's Domain

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

House Hunting

Well I guess I have now moved on to the next stage in my life.

We are now in the process of looking for a home to buy. The task is daunting and not all that fantastic. We can't afford much and we're living in an area that is fairly unforgiving, but we would definately like to own something.

We know what we can and can't afford, we know what the bank will lend us, and now all we need to do is find the perfect home. Problem is can we find one for so little?
How far will I have to commute so that we can find something nice and reasonable? Will it be a good investment? Where oh where do we live?

Right now we live near Princeton, which is good because it's close to my work, but some of the homes that we've been looking at online will take me a good 50-60 minutes to commute to work and home. Is it worth it for a nice home? Should we sacrifice and take something crappier in a crappier neighboorhood just so I don't have too commute so far?

These are burning questions that I really don't have the answer too. But we're looking and I'll keep you up to date on our search. Right now there are a few places nearby to where we are living that are in our price range, we just need to see exactly where they are at and decide if we like them or not. Tonight we'll probably do a bit of driving around before it gets dark and see if any of the places are nice.

Other than that, things are progressing along at a relatively slow pace between me and the wife, but hopefully things will pick up in the future.

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home