Delgar's Domain

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Long Overdue

Well this post is long overdue and so lets get down to business:

Friday:

Well let's see, on Friday evening the wife and I had a relaxing dinner at home just the two of us and we watched movies and played around on the computer. Nothing overly exciting, but definately nice and relaxing.

Saturday:

Saturday was such a nice day outside that we decided to go and play tennis with the couple that we have dinner with often. Let's call them M and C. See, I haven't played tennis in about 4 or 5 years and my wife hand't played in about 8. Now my wife had been talking to M and apparently she was supposed to be pretty good. My wife was worried that she was going to look bad (now this she all told me after). I myself know that they are extremely out of shape and extremely overweight so I knew that it would take us a little while to hit the ball around just to get used to hitting the tennis ball. Tennis is really differenty compared to squash, so you have to retrain yourself to hit the tennis ball.

So, we go to the tennis courts and it was a beautiful sunny day out, with a slight cool breeze. Really it was a great day for tennis. We started hitting the ball around and as I suspected both myself and my wife hit some very bad shots, but as the rallying continued we improved immensely. So, after about 15-20 minutes of rallying C basically sat down on the side of the court. Apparently he had strained his ankle at some point in the past and didn't want to re-injure it. M played for a bit longer and then sat with her husband. My wife and I continued to hit the ball around for another 15-20 minutes while chatting with them off to the side and then we all went out to have some lunch.

Basically what we learned is that M is not that great at tennis, her weight really hampers her ability to play, if the ball comes right to her she can hit it, but if it's low she can't bend down to get it and she can't actually reach around her body therefore she doesn't really have a backhand. C actually probably played some tennis back in the day, because he can actually hit the ball and put top spin on it (something that when I usually try to do it goes into the net) but again his weight and injury hampers him as well.

All in all playing tennis was fun. It was nice to take advantage of the nice day, rather than sitting indoors. The bad news was that nobody actually wore sun screen and we all pretty much burned. The spring sun can't really burn you can it?

Oh, I forgot to mention that we took our dog with us, so he got to hang with us all day. Plus anytime a ball came near him where he was tied up he went for it. :)

So, we went for lunch at a diner and then went back to there place to play a game. It was so nice out we decided to play out on their deck, plus the fact that they have three cats and I'm allergic to cats also helped in that decision. :) Plus our dog got to continue to hang out with us so that was pretty cool. Except that he ate a bunch of grass and threw up, not so cool.

We ended up playing scrabble, I was winning for the whole game but C came back and won it at the end. However, M was basically a poor loser. I usually do terrible at scrabble as my command of the English language is poor at best. Anyway, after that we headed home, grabbed a small bite to eat, and played on the computer for a bit.

Sunday:

Sunday is workout day, so first thing in the morning - by first thing I mean like 11:30- we headed off to the gym to play squash and do our weights. I was still a little stiff from tennis, but the squash was fun and I bumped up a bunch of my weights so afterwords I was defiantely sore. We went out for lunch with M and C, and this time our meals weren't all that good. We hit the Sunday after church crowd and the food was just terrible, ah well.

Anyway, after lunch M and C and another couple came back to our place to play a game at which M was whining quite a bit and this annoyed my wife. But after they left we vacuumed, folded some laundry and took our dog for a walk.

It was a beautiful evening, still fairly warm with a nice cool breeze. It was a clear night and the stars were brightly lit, the background was filled with the croaking of frogs off in the distance. It was nice to go for a short walk with my wife and the dog. We didn't see any wildlife on our walk this evening, but what we did find was this green ball. It looked like one of those light kid bouncing balls and had my wife actually run up and kicked like I thought she was going to she would have broken her toe. It turns out it was a bowling ball. What the heck is a bowling ball doing in the middle of a field? Anyway, we picked it up and brought it home. My wife cleaned it off and set it on the floor and the dog tried to attack it. Apparently the bowling ball was taunting my dog because he put his butt up in the air and snarled and attacked it several times. It was quite entertaining. Now the bowling ball is just sitting in the living room and occasionally the dog will just attack it.

So, I chatted to a friend back in Calgary, who is going to come out and visit us in August, which will be cool. I told him about my wifes good news and updated him on things, and things seem to be going well with him.

After that we jacked around for a bit and didn't get to bed until midnight, at which point the wife was being very flirty and teasing me quite a bit. It was rather enjoyable, and the teasing ended with a little mutual enjoyment, so my actionless weekend actually included a little action. :) I won't go into the details, just to say I'm still confused by her signals, but hopefully I'll get there.

Monday:

Ahh, Monday. I was exhausted from our evening activities and I had no desire to get up in the morning. But I rolled my ass out of bed and went to work. It was actually a good day at work and I managed to make one of my desired target molecules. One that my supervisor had failed to make, so it was a good day. Today I just need to purify it.

After work we had corn chowder with shitake mushrooms for dinner which was actually good and then we went and played squash. The whole time my wife was very flirty, exaturating bending over and starting at me like I was a piece of man meat, and making comments about my package and how she'd like to have sex with me right now in the squash court. Needless to say it was very distracting and she did win two out of four games.

Afterwords we went out for an appatizer with M and C, which was alright. But by the time we got home my wife was no longer as flirty and she was feeling rather sore and tired. So we just tidied up a bit at home and went to bed.

Wow, that is very long and boring, perhaps I should learn to condense things. Which do you prefer:

- Hung out with Friends
- Played Tennis
- Got Sunburned
- Bowling Ball attacks dog
- Got a little action
- Work went well

So what do you think?

3 Comments:

  • Maybe you could do kind of like a power point thing. like in the opening, tell what you'll be covering, then do the narrative.

    I may do that, too. hehehe!

    thanks for the inspiration!

    what about the anniversary thing?

    By Blogger Becks, at 9:11 AM  

  • I use the word "thing" a lot. I should stop that.

    By Blogger Becks, at 9:12 AM  

  • I haven't thought much about the anniversary thing lately. I'll probably do something fairly simple, seeing as I won't be in town for the days leading up to it.

    By Blogger Delgar, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home