Delgar's Domain

Friday, April 01, 2005

April Fools

Well I've been meaning to write something for some time now, but I've just been so hectic at work. So, I'll just be giving you a quick update now and hopefully I'll be able to do another update later in the day (probably around lunch time).

Anyway, last couple of days have been pretty busy both at work and at home. We've worked out now Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. However, on Tuesday we just played squash for an hour and started doing weights and my wife wasn't feeling well, so we just stopped for the evening. Wednesday we went and played squash for a half hour and did our whole weight routine and then we went out for coffee with the other couple. Last night we played squash for an hour and did our weights and then went and got a frosty. The depressing thing is that I'm 4 pounds heavier. :( It's possible that's it's muscle but I'm not sure. I'm probably just a fat bastard. :)

At work I've been busy slaving away in the lab, and attending meetings. We also went for a group lunch on Wednesday to celebrate one of our group members new child. The plus side at work is that one of the compounds that I've synthesized is actually active. Maybe at lunch today I'll give a brief rundown of the drug discovery process, or at least my take on it. So, right now have a lot of things that I need to make so that I can provide the group with further information. Work is always exciting when things are working. I guess that's sort of the up and down's of my field. When things are working well, there is an excitement in the air. The hard part is to keep motivated when chemistry is not working. But I guess the good thing about my job is that it provides daily challenges and I guess that's what keeps it from being boring. I'm not sure if I'm explaining that well.

Our weekend is booked pretty solid, tonight we have dinner plans. Saturday we have plans in the afternoon and on Sunday we have plans with a group of friends. Our weekend should be fun and busy.

Wow, what a very boring update, I think I'll have to come up with some tragedy or something to complain about if I want to keep up my readership of 2 or 3 people.

What should I bitch and moan about? What will keep you coming back for more?

The lack of my sex life?
My Geekdom?
Some great personal tradgedy?
Some Moral Issue?

Let me know and I'll work on it. :)

Gotta run, have lots of work to do. I will definately be back later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home