Delgar's Domain

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Lunch

So today I set up a couple of reactions, if I have time maybe I'll talk a little bit more about them. But, my wife called me at about quater after 11 and asked if I was going to surprise her and come home for lunch today. I actually was thinking of going home at lunch today, but if someone asks if you're going to surprise them it's not really much of a surprise is it?

So I told her no that I had a lot of work to do, and that I wouldn't be able to come home at lunch today. This was all a lie of course, but it's okay to lie if it's for a good reason right?

So I left work at 11:30, and I headed out and picked up some very unhealthy lunch at Arby's (mmm Chicken, Bacon, Swiss) and headed home. She was surprised, she was in the middle of paying bills, this month is going to be a little tight, but we'll pull through, it seems there are always months where everything seems to come due all at once.

Anyway, she was wearing tight light blue long underwear, pink socks and one of my sweatshirts. Hot right? Not that it really matters. Anyway, we enjoyed our lunch, we didn't really talk to much. After lunch I offered to take the dog out for her, so that she could finish paying off bills. She straddled me while we were sitting on the couch and I just enjoyed the closeness of it.

I still couldn't shake what she had said last night though.

Anyway, I took the dog out for a short walk and accidently stepped on one of his paws. Mainly because he tried to run under my feet, but I still felt bad for making him yelp. Anyway, he survived the ordeal pretty much unscathed and went back about his business of tracking bunny, squirrels, and deer.

Anyway, I kissed her on the head goodbye and headed back to work. Right now I'm just waiting for some information on an analysis I'm running for one of my reactions. So I thought I would just give a quick post.

I might update again a little later.

2 Comments:

  • Your wife seems to be home all the time. I take it she works from home? I think you said you don't have children, and money is tight ... just trying to get my mental picture here, sorry.

    By Blogger Kalleigh Hathaway, at 5:04 PM  

  • Yes, we are both Canadians. I have a Visa, she does not. She can't get one because she doesn't have a degree. However, she writes at home, I'll probably go into more detail about all this.

    We have no children, just a dog.

    Money is tight, but not so bad, I mean we're just trying to curb our spending and catch up with some debt.

    By Blogger Delgar, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home