Delgar's Domain

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Obliguatory Thursday Post

Yesterday was a busy day at work again so I didn't get a chance to say anything. I made an interesting discovery yesterday in the lab, actually something happened that nobody would have predicted. So, I spent most of the day trying to figure out what had actually happened. It was both frustrating and fascinating at the same time. On one hand I just wanted the desired product to submit it for testing, but on the other hand it proved an interesting intellectual challenge.

Anyway, right now I'm just waiting for our Thursday lunch meeting. WooHoo free lunch! Today is Italian, so it should be alright.

Lets see, Tuesday night, my wife and I went and worked out, and by the end of it we were pretty exhausted. That meant 4 days in a row of some kind of physical activity. So, Wednesday was definately a day off, and I was looking forward to it. I got home made Delgar Cuccina (read KD) and we basically just chilled, played on the computer and watched T.V.

Oh, we also called up this friend of mine from Calgary, and asked him to lend us the money for my wife to take this 6 week course. I knew that he would lend it to me, hell he would probably give it to me. But I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to borrow money from people. However, we don't have much of a choice as things go right at the moment. We are not strapped for cash, but we have certain bills that need to be paid, and an extra 2-4 thousand isn't in the books in the next couple of months. However, we will be able to easily pay him back over the next year. So with the ability to pay for the course my wife will be taking the next step in her writing career and we are one step closer to it becoming a reality.

I'm extremely happy for her, I hope that she can manage to tough out the 6 week course. Apparently it's just rough and grueling. Basically each week, you are taught by one author in the trade and your work is critiqued by said author, the other students, and an editor in the industry.

On the plus side:

- She'll get to meet 6 authors in the trade and one editor in the industry.
- She'll learn tons
- She may make some contacts in the industry.

On the negative side:

- She'll be alone for 6 weeks, in the middle of nowhere without a vehicle.
- She'll be working very hard 7 days a week.
- She'll be bombarded with a lot of negative and constructive critism

In the end it will all be good for her, and maybe she'll decide that writing is not for her or maybe she'll come out of it with renewed vigor. I guess only time will tell.

The other question is, what are the dog and I going to do for our 6 weeks of bachelorhood? Any ideas?

Things that will probably happen:

- I'll continue to work-out, because I want a buff bod
- I'll probably eat even more unhealthy food, but damnit I will get to enjoy some of the foods that she hates (Mmmm Chilli chees fries here I come)
- I'll probably get a lot of reading done
- I'll probably get a lot of computer game playing in
- I'll probably hang out with friends
- I'll hope for a little phone sex. :)

Anything that I should do while she's away?

I know that I will definately clean up the house before she gets back. I think she'll be pretty impressed if she comes back to a clean house. Hell I'd be pretty impressed if I can actually clean. :)

Anyway, it's about time to wrap this up. Lunch is calling, and hunger is starting to take over.

1 Comments:

  • I've always maintained 'every pain is temporary'. Like for the women who are afraid of child birth. --it's not like you're gonna be walkin' around with it half outta ya for the next 20 years-- so shall be your gal's 6 weeks.
    I had to do 6 weeks in an immobilizer. at the beginning I couldn't imagine 6 WHOLE TERRIBLE WEEKS!!.. then it was like "wha?I'm done? :O weee-rrrd".

    as to what you should do...hmmm.
    Advance your technology
    Hack Something
    Join a volleyball league
    find new places to walk the dog
    take up archery
    renew a passion
    find creative ways to clean (dust mopping with the dog.. etc)
    make a mix tape that motivates you
    Program your favorites list on the tv
    organize your bills by amount, then redo it by alphas
    watch a new sport, like cricket
    invent a game
    teach the dog to close the door behind him
    get a hammock. sleep in it.

    ... :D I could keep going, but I think that's enough for now.

    By Blogger Becks, at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home