Delgar's Domain

Monday, February 28, 2005

A Weekend of Blah

Well right now, I'm tired, but I always seem to be tired. I wonder why that is?

It's starting to snow, and by the time I leave work today I'm sure it's going to be a mess. It's a good thing that I don't have to take any major roads on my way home, back roads all the way baby!

Well I have nothing exciting to report for this weekend.

Let's see. Friday consisted of us working out, doing some reading and heading off to bed. Saturday, we actually met some new people, and we have dinner plans for next Friday with two other couples. Late Saturday afternoon, the wife wasn't feeling to well so we just hung out at home and watched a few movies on television. Sunday involved another 2 hours of workout, and some house cleaning and laundry.

Wow, how exciting is that. Boy do I lead a fairly boring life.

Let's see, right now at work, I'm just waiting for lunch time to roll around, because I'm heading off with 10-12 other employees out for someones birthday. I haven't been here that long so this will give me a chance to meet more of my college's. We're going for pizza apparently. Mmm, how healthy is that?

My reaction isn't working very well, so in the back of my mind I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do next. Chemistry at my new job here hasn't been co-operating with me, hopefully things will change in the future.

Ah well, that's all I've got for now, I might do another update later today.

2 Comments:

  • Okay - you just moved to this area a month or two ago, right? And already you have friends, at least three couples? How did that happen? I've been living in my area for more than 15 years now and I can think of only two couples we've gotten to know well enough for a dinner invitation on either side. One of those couples is now X2B's friends, and one is mine. Everyone else we were ever friends with lives at least an hour or two away. I work alone so no one new ever comes into my life. And I don't have the money to join a gym or do anything particularly expensive. It's very, very frustrating.

    By Blogger Kalleigh Hathaway, at 4:09 PM  

  • Yup, we moved here in January.

    Well I wouldn't quite call them friends yet, but I can definately see it going that way. It's mainly one couple and they know another couple.

    Funny thing is, is that the wife is from Vancouver Island, and my wife is from Vancouver Island. It was so weird.

    See, the only reason that we have friends, is because we participate in a hobby that lends itself to meeting people.

    We also joined a gym, but we haven't really met anyone through that. Although our initial trainer was very nice (and very hot!).

    I've always had friends in my life, but usually only a few. I'm not one of those people that have huge social circles. Just a few close friends that share similiar likes and dislikes.

    By Blogger Delgar, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home